The inaugural season of the Basketball Africa League (BAL) will be available in 215 countries and territories in 15 languages.
All games will
The inaugural season of the BAL will air in the following 15 languages:
African Broadcast Summary
The BAL will be broadcast in 55 African countries and territories in 7 languages:
- NBA TV (Zap) (Angola & Mozambique)
- On Time Sports (Egypt)
- GTV (Ghana)
- CISTV (Guinea)
- TVM (Mozambique)
- Telly 4 Nigeria (Nigeria)
- Trefoil Networks (Nigeria)
- Canal+ (Pan-Africa)
- ESPN (Pan-Africa)
- NBA App (Pan-Africa)
- NBA TV (Canal+Afrique) (Pan-Africa)
- TheBal.com (Pan-Africa)
- VOANews.com (Pan-Africa)
- VOA Radio Stations (Pan-Africa)
- beIN Sports (Pan-North Africa)
- beIN Sports NBA (Pan-North Africa)
- RBA (Rwanda)
- 2STV (Senegal)
- SABC (South Africa)
BAL Global Broadcast Distribution
- NBA app / NBA.com / TheBAL.com to make all games available on a free basis.
- ESPNews to broadcast the Opening and Final games.
- ESPN+ will stream all games.
- NBA TV to televise games, including the Quarterfinals and Semifinals.
- Games to be televised on TSN and NBA TV Canada.
- ESPN to broadcast all games in English on its Pay TV service in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Free-to-Air outlets throughout Africa will televise games, including, among others, RBA (Rwanda), SABC (South Africa) and 2STV (Senegal), as well as On-Time Sports (Middle East and North Africa).
- Canal+ to broadcast all games in French-speaking Africa.
- beIN Sports to broadcast games in Arabic in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Voice of America (VOA) to distribute audio programming via radio distribution in 39 African territories, including the production of commentary in Portuguese (Angola, Mozambique), Kinyarwanda (Rwanda), Bambara (Mali), Wolof (Senegal), as well as the distribution of English and French language audio in select African territories.
- Tencent to broadcast games on Tencent Video and/or Tencent Sports and News.
Asia, Europe, and Latin America
- ESPN to broadcast all games on their linear and/or authenticated digital platforms in Oceania, Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as in the Netherlands.
- NBA TV International to broadcast all games.
- Voice of America (VOA) will distribute live audio of all 26 games globally (excluding Greater China) via their website (VOANews.com) and VOA News mobile app.
- Sports News Television (SNTV) will distribute highlights of all games to their global affiliates (ex. US and Canada).
- The American Forces Network will broadcast games to American military bases and ships at seas.
- Canal+ will produce BAL Action during the 2021 season. BAL Action is a weekly 30-minute news and highlights show. The show will be available in both English and French.
- BAL Hang Time is a 30-minute show dedicated to African basketball, culture, lifestyle and art on the BAL YouTube Channel and on the BAL website. The show will feature African leaders, former players, coaches, artists and media personalities associated with and active in the game of basketball on the African continent. The show will be available in both French and English.